Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 2

This week is a continuation of the last in that I'm just getting the mileage up. Starting next week I have some more specific workouts planned.

Monday: Rest. I intended to head out for 5 miles but I got home from work at 9PM, pulled on running clothes, and promptly got a got from my boss conferencing me into a meeting with some co-workers in Costa Rica. That lasted most of the night so I had to cancel my run.

Tuesday: 3.0 mi @ 6:24 - I was meeting some friends at 6 for dinner. Since there was a bottle of 2003 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (100 pt Robert Parker) waiting at dinner, I didn't want to be late. Hit Marina Green for a quick 3 miles.

Wednesday: 8.0 mi @ 7:12 - My heart rate was a little higher than I wanted it to be during the run (ave 169 bpm), but I felt relaxed. It was probably due to not having slept in 36 hours - brutal work week already. Easy run along Embarcadero to the ball park.

Thursday: 5.0 mi @ 7:58 - Hit Rancho San Antonio again this week after work for Wildcat Loop. Felt strong up the climb and fell into a 6:20ish pace with some other runners on the way back.

Friday: 6.3 mi @ 7:46 - Easy run along the Marina out to Fort Point and back.

Saturday: 12.8 mi @ 9:17 (2193') - Met up with Mike at the Warming Hut and headed across the bridge to the Headlands. Coastal Trail to SCA to Rodeo and back.

Sunday: 10.2 mi @ 10:06 (2114') - Ran out from Stinson Beach up Dipsea to Steep Ravine to Matt Davis to follow the race course. Finished up with a few easy miles along the beach. 10.2 mi on the Garmin, but probably a half mile short on the descent down Matt Davis - seemed to have had some difficulty picking up the distance down the switchbacks since the loop only came out to 6.2 mi. Really fun run up Steep Ravine, which is pretty much what the name implies.

Week Total: 45.7 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment